This course is designed to improve your skills in teaching business English and receive Business English Certificates (BEC).
A. Background issues in Business and Business English
- Introduction to Business English
- Dealing with professional Content
- The Language of Business English
- Communication Skills in Business
- Management Skills in Business
- Communication across Cultures
B. Pedagogic Issues in Teaching Business English
Needs Analysis and course onjectives
Assessing entry levels
Programme outline and trainee briefing
Planning a lesson
One-to-one teaching and group teaching
Teaching or training?
The scope of materials and equipment
3. End of Course
Ending the course
Reviewing the course
Drafting the course report
- Further reading
- Professional development for teachers of Business English
- Published materials in Business English
- Other sources of material for Business English
- Business English examinations
- Language for effective communication
- Areas of specialist vocabulary
Completion of high school.
One of the following if you are not an English native speaker
1. High Intermediate level of English or
2. IELTS 7
On completion of your course, you will receive a Certificate in Teaching Business English from Westminster College London (WCL) accredited by International TEFL Accreditation Council.